Friday, March 28, 2014

Celebrating my Last Semester with the Uni Vox Box

It's Vox Box time again! Once again, Influenster has outdone itself by sending me another box of goodies to test!

This time, it's the Uni Vox Box, which is meant for college girls, which is perfect since this is my last semester and I am struggling to keep up my spirits through this last class. While the boxes from Influenster are usually packed with all kinds of goodies, like Sally Henson Polish, and other themed goodies, this one was literally stuffed full!

It had so many awesome things inside, and I was thrilled with what I was sent.


These Playtex Sport Fresh Balance tampons were the very first thing I saw. I don't normally think twice about what tampons I buy, but the scent of these had me hooked! They have some kind of really light floral scent that made the whole box of products smell amazing!

Look at all those beauty finds! I actually got to choose what shade of foundation I needed, and let me just say, its feels amazing on my skin. I have weird combination skin as well as eczema, so it's hard for me to find a foundation that covers all the issues without gunking up or looking oily after a few hours.

Then I tried the Rimmel London Stay Matte mousse foundation, and I fell so hard in love that my boyfriend should be jealous. Not only does it actually do what it says, but it doesn't gunk up after a few hours either. It's my new go-to foundation.

Included among all my pretty new beauty items was probably the item I was the most weary about. I'm one of those people who is beyond particular about my pens (Thanks Dad), and anything that isn't a needle point I generally don't use, or toss. being in the box though, i knew I had to try this Pilot Acroball PureWhite pen, and I was pretty surprised with how much I ended up liking it. It even got put into my purse, a place of honor among the pens in my office.

I'm not normally a lipstick wearer, especially in such a bold shade, but when I tried this, I was shocked at how well it went with my fair complexion. The color of this Expert Last lip color is called Forever Fuschia, and the texture isn't sticky like most lipsticks I have tried, so it was a nice change.


 Oh my Gods, these nails were GORGEOUS. Broadway Nails included a set of imPRESS Press-On Nails in this Vox Box, and I went haywire! My real nails are always so brittle, and I can never seem to grow them out, but getting my nails professionally done costs way more than I'm willing to pay, and even at-home kits were too much work (I always ended up gluing my fingers together, without fail). These nails were awesome, you just peel off the backing, and stick them on. No muss, no fuss, and I could do it in about 5 minutes.


I love tea in pretty much any form, but I was hesitant about this product. I know it's along the lines of MiO, and other water enhancers, but I wasn't sure how well concentrated tea syrup would work out. After trying it, I did enjoy it, but I will say this that "lightly sweetened" on the label is a lie. It could just be me, but the sweetness was a bit overpowering. I put much less of the stuff in my next glass of water, and it was way better.

Like always, the Influenster Vox Boxes are a huge hit with me! If you aren't a part of the Influenster nation, you should be!

Love and Lightning Bugs,
  Photobucket



No comments: