Thursday, September 13, 2012

Car Rides and Copyrights

You know me, I will take pictures of anything and everything if given the chance! Well, I was out and about the other evening, driving back from a long day of college classes, when a certain cloud formation caught my eye. I took out the camera, and snapped a photo, with the car driving at about 75 mph.

Thankfully Bastian drives the car for us.

I wasn't expecting too much when I uploaded the photo onto my computer...but boy was I wrong! Not only was the image crystal clear, but with only a slight tweak in the contrast, and the bottom cropped out, it came out looking like this!

Click on the image to enlarge it and look at it better if you like!

I love the colors in this image, and the way the shadows play across each other.

I also want to apologize in advance for having two watermarks on this image. I have recently found a few other sites using my photos without permission. They simply cropped out my blog watermark in the bottom of the photo, so now I will be putting my business watermark over the center of my images, as well as my blog watermark in the corners.
Again, I'm sorry for this, but photography and designing are the only thing keeping my head above water right now. Thievery is NOT going to be tolerated.

Love and Lightning Bugs,
  Photobucket

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man, that is so sad that people steal your shots! You take such wonderful and creative pictures, I can understand wanting them, but they should always ask and do legally. It is a wonderful picture of the beauty of the world around us! How many people just keep rushing from one event to the next and not stop to admire the moment like you did. Thank you for sharing, and the double watermark is no problem, you have to protect your work!

Crunchy Frugalista said...

It's sad that people don't ask first. I made that mistake when I was a new blogger, but it's not fair to those that do the work. LOVED the photo.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos! I hate when websites steal other's images! And to even go to such lengths as to crop out your watermark and not give credit, it's just despicable! So Frustrating!

Michele D said...

So sorry to hear that. You have beautiful pictures. I hope that it all works out for you :)

Unknown said...

Thats gorgeous!!! im sorry people are stealing your pictures =[

Brr23 said...

What a beautiful photo! Very sad that people have been using your images without permission! Thank you for sharing this awesome photo!

LaVonne said...

I worry about people stealing photos of my kids. I have been putting watermarks right by their faces now. I need to be consistent with it. Thanks for sharing your photo. It is lovely, indeed!

Hobbies on a Budget said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the clouds!

Jessica said...

That picture is gorgeous!!! It sucks when people steal your work and take credit for it. Very discouraging.

Katrina said...

That's a beautiful photo!

Unknown said...

What a pretty photo!

Erin Slocum said...

Gorgeous picture!

Just Another Blogger said...

Love this photo! I do not blame you for having to heavily water mark your work. Wish it did not distract so much from it though. It is a shame. If this gets purchased I would love to see it without the watermarks! Please link to it!

Lesley said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL picture! I agree, you should watermark it. Nobody should be stealing pictures, but since they do, you need to protect your work :)

Kelly said...

I love this picture! So beautiful. I also love how your watermark is noticeable but not distracting. After having seen cropping being done, I can see the benefit of having one in the center. Thank you for sharing!

Hobbies on a Budget said...

Your cloud image is gorgeous! I love catching random moments on camera!

Erin Slocum said...

I still think this is a gorgeous photo!