Friday, August 3, 2012

Frugal Fashion Fridays: .25 Cent Top


It's Friday, and you know what that means....time for Frugal Fashion Fridays! Due to some stuff going on here, I didn't have a chance to take a decent photo, so I'm using one a friend took of me.

For today's FFF, I wanted to talk about thrifting. I know, there are a lot of bad things said about thrift stores, but there are some AWESOME things as well. Scouring the racks for that one amazing tee or dress or pair of shoes is one of the best 'hunts' I go on. It's more fulfilling than shopping at a boutique for me, and is more like a treasure hunt.

After looking through every rack at the Goodwill, I found this great flowy top, with a half off tag, stuffed in a horribly ugly boot I was trying on ( for the sake of trying to win White Trash Bash that year). Because as an experienced thrifter, I know the good stuff gets hidden most times, by people who have come early and want to come back later, and sometimes those hiding places take you completely off guard!


This top only cost me a quarter after all was said and done, and after checking out the tags, I realized this shirt was from Wet Seal, and probably cost $25 or more originally. $25 to .25...I would call that one amazing Frugal Find!

Want to share your frugal find for the week? Please join the linky below, and feel free to add this badge to your post.

Love and Lightning Bugs,

Photobucket

14 comments:

Kandi said...

That is a really cute shirt! I love shopping at goodwill. Check suit pockets.I had a friend way back when who did that often and would find money. There was one day he found $200 in a few different suits lol

Kelly Stilwell said...

Cute! But I bet it cost more than $25. at Wet Seal! Great find!!

Kelly R. said...

I love the shirt. I have always enjoyed shopping at Goodwill, you just never know what treasures you will find.
Awesome post, thanks for sharing.

Jessica said...

Really cute. I love thrift store shopping, sometimes you have to dig to find the gems!

Unknown said...

That is truly a great find! Our Goodwill is soooo expensive (like $4-5 for tops) that I never find a good deal there. But, Saturdays are for yard sales, where I might have a chance to find something for a quarter. So, you did great! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

very cute top

Unknown said...

.25C wow how awesome is that? Pretty darn awesome! Fabulous find, thanks 4 sharing!

Liz said...

What a great find! Looks so cute on you, too!

Jennifer said...

Great find-- I love the top! I like to score clothes at goodwill, garage sales, and on half price days at consignment sales! Being frugal can be great!

Meghan @ Crazy Casa K said...

So cute! I wish I had more thrift stores nearby!

Alyssa McVey said...

What I'm wondering is why someone would stash a 25 cent top to buy later... ?

Unknown said...

We love the thrift stores around here! That top is adorable!!

Katrina said...

That's an awesome deal and a cute shirt!

Hobbies on a Budget said...

Great find for a great price! It's amazing what you can sometimes find at thrift stores! Beautiful