Friday, August 3, 2012

Backyards and Bowling Balls

So, today I found a very interesting object in my yard; a bowling ball. Living in a small town with only 6 streets, and no alleys, you wouldn't expect to see something like this in your yard, and if you did, you would expect in the gutter. But this was in middle of my backyard, which is really more like a small field. Have a look at the photos below, to see what I saw.

 View from the road.

From the treeline which separates the real yard, and the back field.

A close up. It's pretty, but cracked all the way around.

The most striking emblem on it.

How this thing got here, is beyond me. I don't recall seeing it when I walked to the Post Office, but I saw it coming back. If you have ideas as to how this bowling managed to make it's way to the center of my field, I would love to read them in the comments below!


Love and Lightning Bugs,
  Photobucket

11 comments:

Unknown said...

omg thats funny! hmm...do you have any teen age kids in your area? maybe they were running through your yard...or maybe someone is trying to make you think your crazy LOL

Jessica said...

wow, that is pretty funny! i was thinking kids too lol

Unknown said...

Honestly I would bet that someone has a bowling ball launcher somewhere. Probably drunk and launching bowling balls...or they miscalculated launching. But it definitely looks like its hit something hard before landing there. Funny tho!

Dede said...

How strange! Maybe the aliens brought it.

Unknown said...

Ha! That's so random! I grew up in a small town, so I totally know what you're saying that it would be rare for something like that to just show up! Crazy!!

Janelle said...

How bizarre! Too bad it's cracked or you could have your very own new-to-you bowling ball!

ATLanta Saving Moms said...

Very strange. Maybe it fell out of a plane. {smiles}

Dawn said...

The things we find!! Maybe a couple were on their way home from bowling and had a fight... thus, the bowling ball in your yard :)

Alyssa McVey said...

Obviously it was dropped by an alien space ship after they abducted an unsuspecting bowler. ;)

Holly (Woman Tribune) said...

That is so peculiar and also kind of hilarious. I'd be a little creeped out if I suddenly saw a bowling ball sitting in the middle of my yard, though. Strange.

Lil' Daily Deals said...

Maybe it got flushed out of a plane :)