Monday, April 2, 2012

Music Mondays: The Civil Wars "Barton Hollow"

Sometimes you hear a song and it's just so infectious you can't listen to it only once. 'Barton Hollow' is that kind of song for me. Growing up in the Ozarks, we have a deep love of this style of music. Something that can't quite be put in it's own genre, but you just know your heart beats in sync with that guitar, and you can't help but sing along and move with the music.

Below is a video I put together of pictures I and a few others took at our Reenacting events. 'Barton Hollow' is the song playing along.


I could listen to this infectious song all day to be honest, and I have on a few occasions put The Civil Wars album, named Barton Hollow like the song, on repeat and gone through the day. They are a unique blend of folk and bluegrass, who will keep you thoroughly entertained. Plus, the male singer of the duo has a striking resemblance to a certain Mr. Depp.

Love and Lightning Bugs,
Photobucket

No comments: